Update 3/22/19

Hello Lovelies,

I’ve missed you all, and I hope everyone had a great holiday season. I’m excited to share that I passed my 2nd big work-related test, which means my day time job is officially secured! I can’t thank you all enough for you patience with this hiatus. If it weren’t for the extra study time, I truly don’t think I’d have passed. Thank you!

I do have some sad news to share. The kitten I brought home in August, got very sick this winter. The vet diagnosed her with FIP, which is an incurable sickness. Her health and quality of life deteriorated to a point that I had to make the difficult decision to put her to sleep. I know the passing of a pet is part of life, but it was a first for me. My heart goes out to any of you who have gone through a similar loss.

On a brighter note, I’ve been searching for a home, and I found one! The house won’t be move-in ready until November, so I’ll be moving into a temporary rental in the mean time. Eight months to go; the excitement is torture!

So, now for the big question… Is the comic coming back?

I’ve given it deep thought, and… Yes! The Archer and the Squirrel will return! And in order to make production more manageable for me, I’ve decided to create the story with a new approach. With my current pace, it’ll take another 12 years to complete this story, but I want to finish it sooner. To accomplish this, I’ll be changing the story’s format from a traditional graphic novel style to a graphic novel/picture book/written novel hybrid.

This will be a completely new formate for me, so I’ll need to play with it a bit before I publish new pages. Also, I want the entire story to be told in the same style, so I will be be starting again from the beginning. 

At this time, I’m shooting to resume publishing in August. I know that’s a ways out, but that time will be used to: practice creating with a new style, practice literary writing, finding an editor that specializes in novels, building up a good page buffer, and of course finding a temporary rental I can move into. I thank you again for your patience.